Legal Quest PLC are devoted to the continued protection of your privacy.
Data Protection Notice – Please Read Carefully
Data Protection Notice – Please Read Carefully
It is important that you know exactly how we use your personal data. Our Data Protection Notice outlines how we fulfil our obligations to you, in regards to your personal data. Under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, your personal data must be collected and used fairly, stored securely and not disclosed unlawfully.
Your personal data is collected in order to:
- Manage your Client Account
- Advise you of Legal Quest PLC events, promotions, updates and similar products (if your consent is given)
The Data Collector is:
Legal Quest PLC, 2nd Floor, 3 Hardman Square, Spinningfields, Manchester, M3 3EL Telephone: 0161 393 8030 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Data Protection Officer: Mr Paul Van der Rome You can discuss anything in relation to your personal data with our Data Protection Officer, by sending an email to email@example.com
2. Processing your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To set-up, administer and manage your client account
- To contact you by email, text and phone in regards to updates on your client account
- To enable us to contact your lender on your behalf, for the purposes of a Data Subject Access Request
To provide you with marketing updates (only in the event that you have consented):
- To advise you of news, updates, and exclusive offers
To ensure we are compliant with regulatory and legal obligations:
- To comply with your information rights
- To comply with your data privacy rights
3. Your Personal Data
We have outlined the types of personal data we collect and why.
Gnereral Contact Information
- Mortgage Address
- Correspondence Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Unique Client Reference
This information allows us to process your instruction to carry out the Validation Process of the Legal Quest PLC Mortgage Securitisation Claims.
Additional Personal Data
- Date of Birth
- Mortgage Account Number
- Copy of Photo Identification
- Copy of a Mortgage Statement
This information enables us to submit a Data Subject Access Request to your lender on your behalf.
Information Obtained under a Data Subject Access Request
We obtain on file, all information and documents provided under a Data Subject Access Request by your lender, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Mortgage Offer
- Mortgage Statements
- Mortgage Contracts
- Mortgage Terms & Conditions
This information allows us to complete a Legal Review and provide a Legal Opinion in relation to Legal Quest PLC Mortgage Securitisation Claims.
We do not store or keep a record of your payment details, as such transactions are handled via World Pay.
4. Sharing your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to third, as follows:
- Affiliates of Legal Quest PLC, who operate trading styles of Legal Quest PLC, in order to provide support and guidance to clients of Legal Quest PLC. – This is only where you have consented to the sharing of information with your affiliate, during the sign-up process, which is deemed to be written authorisation.
- Your Bank/Building Society, in order to obtain a Data Subject Access Request.
- Companies supporting our website and working with us on direct marketing activities, such as our affiliates and other third-party companies, regarding any subsequent claim or legal action for or on your behalf.
- Companies providing delivery services to allow us to despatch documents to you.
- Statutory and Regulatory bodies.
- Companies providing auditing services to us in compliance with our legal obligations.
5. Storing your Personal Data
We do not obtain your personal information for longer than is necessary. Please see below for the relevant Data Retention Periods in which we hold your personal data:
|#||Personal Data(Type of data retained)||Retention Period(How long we retain the data)||Criteria(Why we hold data)|
|1||General Contact Information (Stored Electronically)||Up to 6 Years after the case is either lost, abandoned or won.||To fulfil contract to which you are a party.|
|2||Personal Data (Paper Format)||Up to 2 Years from date of sign-up other than current legal contracts which are retained for a period of up to 6 Years after the case is either lost, abandoned or won. Please note that paper format documents are destroyed by a regulated Shredding Company, after the stated Retention Period.||To fulfil contract to which you are a party|
|3||Personal Data (Electronic Format)||Up to 6 Years after the case is either lost, abandoned or won.||To fulfil contract to which you are a party|
|4||Information obtained under a Data Subject Access Request (Paper Format)||Up to 3 Months from date of confirmed receipt. Please note that paper format documents are destroyed by a regulated Shredding Company, after the stated Retention Period.||To fulfil contract to which you are a party|
|5||Information obtained under a Data Subject Access Request (Electronic Format)||Up to 6 Years after the case is either lost, abandoned or won.||To fulfil contract to which you are a party|
6. Your Rights
Please be aware that you have the right to the following:
- Right to be informed about whether we process your personal data
- Right of access to your personal data
- Right to rectification by us of your personal data where inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erasure of your personal data (including withdrawal of consent)
- Right to restrict processing of your personal data
- Right to data portability – obtain and reuse your personal data for own purposes across different services
- Right to object to direct marketing
Where data is process solely on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time. You may exercise your rights, at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org We are obligated to respond within one calendar month. If we are unable to respond to your request or provide an adequate response within the time period, we may extend this period by a further two calendar months. Should this be the case, we will always explain the reason why. You also have the right submit a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) at any time.
7. Changes to our Data Protection Notice
We may update this Data Protection Notice from time to time, to ensure our continued compliance with the General Data Protection Act GDPR (2018). You can find out more about how we store and use your personal data, by reading our Privacy Statement. Again, we invite you to contact us with any queries or comments relating to your personal data, by emailing email@example.com