Formal Data Subject Access Request to the Bank/Lender & Review of Mortgage/Loan Documentation once received etc. Obtain and furnish you with a legal opinion letter upon completion, along with a recommended course of action.
Fixed Legal Administration Charge:-
All Disbursements - £56.40 VAT Exempt
Plus Validation & Legal Opinion on DSAR - £203.60 incl. VAT
Total Charge: £260 incl. VAT
1. Legal Quest PLC are professional Loss Adjusters and a bespoke Law firm, we act as a Legal Validation Review & Administration Service Providers. We are further regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority via our in-house practicing solicitor in respect to regulated claims management activities. Martin D. Block LL.B. (Hons) is the Legal Director of Legal Quest PLC and provides full SRA authorisation under Rule 4 of the SRA Practice Framework Rules 2011 under SRA No: 118413 in addition to Legal Quest PLC being designated as a Commercial & Industry body under SRA authorisation No: 634028.
2. Legal Quest PLC are also Authorised Representatives of a Financial Conduct Authority ("FCA") firm and can be verified on the FCA Register - Ref: 739402, where it is stated that we are authorised to carry out all aspects of insurance mediation.
3. Legal Quest PLC, as administrative advisers, will conduct (if instructed) each or any/all of the administrative tasks and services as published under the Legal Quest Mortgage Securitisation Claim (MSC) and act purely as validation and repudiation specialists, which are more commonly referred to as 'Loss Adjusters' in the regulated insurance claim mediation arena referred to above.
4. Information provided herein on the Legal Quest PLC website(s) and in the printed and electronic media provided by Legal Quest PLC, is for general information only.
5. Any/all such activities are for and on your behalf and are subject to the fixed administration costs as published and the agreed retainer to be paid PRIOR to Legal Quest PLC carrying out their instructed task(s). You, as a client, have a statutory 14 day cooling off period during which time you may cancel your instructions without any reason being given and a full refund of 100% of the retainer amount paid. Your instructions to terminate the agreement may be given verbally or in writing.
6. If you have not taken up the offer of the Money Back Guarantee (which is for 100% of the amount paid as a retainer, less the agreed deduction of the stated £56.40 fixed disbursement amount) and, as such you agree to wait until the DSAR Validation Process has been completed and a legal opinion has been issued by Legal Quest PLC to qualify for the refund amount agreed, you may still terminate our instructions outside of the 14-day cooling off period and prior to the issue of the legal opinion. You may do so verbally or in writing and Legal Quest PLC will immediately cease to act for you. We will as a result of the termination outside of the 14 day cooling off period deduct all of the stated disbursement costs, together with a modest hourly administration charge of £24.00 per hour incl. VAT, which will be itemised and invoiced accordingly, with the balance amount refunded within 14 days from the date you terminate the instructions. Any/all documentation will be either filed for safe keeping and then destroyed with an electronic copy retained for a period of six (6) years from the date of receipt.
7. We will give you our best advice at all times.
8. Any reports or opinions will be obtained from related or unrelated external parties which may include solicitors who are either regulated and conduct their activities under the guidance and control of the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) or exempt from same, if such matters are deemed appropriate, without any additional charges or costs to you.
9. Legal Quest PLC will review and provide the aforementioned summary reports on the mortgage/loan documentation provided by you and/or your Bank/Lender and will handle, if so instructed, your potential dispute against your Bank/Lender relating to the potential redress from your Bank/Lender regarding your Mortgage and/or related Loan(s) secured on your property.
10. Legal Quest PLC shall take particular notice to any related matters regarding the disclosure and subsequent use by your Bank/Lender of a Power of Attorney or similar authority conveyed by you to the Bank/Lender, with potential legal and regulatory breaches thereto, resulting in you being capable of making an informed decision whether to pursue a dispute resolution, or not, against your particular Bank/Lender and no other matters unless related thereto.
11. By instructing Legal Quest PLC, you understand that Legal Quest PLC have been appointed as your legal representative. You are hereby notified that should you appoint Legal Quest PLC to proceed with your dispute we may arrange “before the event” and “after the event” Insurance, via Legal Shield Protect Ltd., as the indemnity company which is 100% under the sole control of Legal Quest PLC.
12. A successful outcome is agreed to include the release of a substantial percentage (i.e. more than 10%) of the outstanding balance of any mortgage/loan as a minimum event, and/or the release or partial release or reduction of the charge(s) registered at HM Land Registry thereto, with any/all additional benefits being considered successful in any respect.
13. You understand that once a Legal Opinion letter has been issued, that the Validation Process has been completed and that you may then make an informed decision whether to proceed with your case or not, providing the legal opinion notifies you that you have or may have a cause of action. If you have opted to accept the Money Back Guarantee by signing the Conditional Fee Agreements in advance of the issue of the legal opinion, in the event of a positive or probable cause of action existing, you will automatically be added to the relevant Class/Group action on a No Win – No Fee basis* - Please refer to the separate MSC Terms & Conditions.
14. Your decision to continue your complaint against your Lender after you receive the results of the DSAR is, and shall remain, at your sole discretion throughout, as would any further action(s).
15. The Mortgage Securitisation Claim (MSC) is a separate agreement and will ONLY be entered into if your legal opinion states you have or may have a case. If so instructed, Legal Quest PLC will arrange for the submission of your case via the legal case management department, who will add it to an existing group or class action contingent and pass your details on to a specialist firm of solicitors and/or barristers if appropriate, who will deal with any action(s) on a Conditional Fee Basis for Legal Quest PLC without any liability to you for such representation. As published and stated, the legal professionals will be prepared to undertake to represent you under the Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) you will sign with Legal Quest PLC.
16. You are formally advised that the timescales for any subsequent action will be dependent on the number of claimants within a particular lender group and will go only forward with a minimum of 100 Primary Named participants, plus a minimum of 1,500 Secondary Claimants who will remain un-named pending a settlement or adjudication in favour of the Primary Claimants. The remedial benefits to both Primary and Secondary Claimants are the same, however the Primary Claimants will be named on the paperwork submitted to court.
17. If you choose not to instruct Legal Quest PLC, we strongly advise that you appoint your own independent legal advisers on this important matter.
18. If you choose not to instruct Legal Quest PLC on the Mortgage Securitisation Claim (MSC), after completion of the Validation process, we will no longer represent you and no further administrative or additional fees or charges shall be incurred by you, from Legal Quest PLC.
19. If your Lender fails to comply with the Data Protection Act we will, at your request, refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service and/or independent arbitration (if appropriate) for adjudication at no extra cost to you. This will only be actioned should Legal Quest PLC feel that such a referral has a reasonable probability of success.
20. Should Legal Quest PLC's panel of solicitors choose to use the Court Service after exploring all other mediation avenues, it will not cost you anything other than the fixed administration charges you have already incurred for the Validation Process, as detailed for each of the Legal Quest PLC Processes.
21. Once you sign/accept these terms and conditions, which shall and will be considered a formal agreement, we will commence the specific instructions relative to the individual Validation Process instructed.
22. Prior to your instructions being accepted and you being able to authorise payment via the Legal Quest PLC secure payment system, you must complete and submit the online Client Information Form and sign using your electronic hand generated signature and accept these terms and conditions (a copy of which is provided in writing with the invoice for such services) as an integral part of the initial instruction.
23. Legal Quest PLC is not capable of proceeding without the basic and accurate client information that only you can provide. You will note that in order to proceed to payment, you are required to electronically sign the agreement, using the electronic e-draw signature panel. This is administered by the e-sign provider and cannot be used on any other document and automatically deleted upon its single use. * Please Note: A fee may be payable if the case is not pursued at the client’s request after instruction have been given to Legal Quest PLC’s legal team.
Your Obligations to Legal Quest PLC
1. Provide us with as much additional information and documents you have about your mortgage/loan if so requested by Legal Quest PLC, providing such items are in your possession.
2. Tell us if you move house or change contact details so we may update our records and maintain direct contact.
3. Return to us all requested documentation or authority items promptly, to include a duly signed formal authority to act for you, together with a copy of your photo identification (passport or driving license) as evidence of same and a copy of your last mortgage statement. Due to Lender requirements, we must receive your original signed letter of authorisation and NOT a copy. Royal Mail signed for delivery is recommended.
4. Tell us if the Bank/Lender contacts you directly and refer them to us without responding in any manner whatsoever.
5. You can monitor the progress in real time as and when any action takes place by secure access to your own specific file on the Legal Quest PLC system where you will be given a secure User Name and Password for immediate review of any/all relevant correspondence and related activities.
6. Legal Quest PLC’s automated system sends an SMS text to you in each and every instance where new information is received or an activity or action is carried out, this ensures that you are able to have a current and accurate understanding of where each instruction is at any time 24/7.
**This will conclude our entire agreement relative to the Validation Process and no further liability shall be remaining between Legal Quest PLC and yourselves unless you choose to further instruct Legal Quest PLC relative to the Mortgage Securitisation Claim (MSC) matters, this being a separate and distinct agreement under the terms and conditions relative to the new instruction.
Data Protection: All of your data is controlled and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will be used to help us pursue your complaint. Your files are retained electronically for 6 years and will be deleted thereafter. Legal Quest PLC reserves the right to charge a fee for the recovery of your file should you wish for a physical copy to be provided. We will never disclose any of your information to any disinterested third party.